This list is subject to change, but here’s the list that I submitted to TinyMixTapes.com earlier this week to help them compute their year end best-of.
Rank. Artist – Album Title
25. Drake – Take Care
24. Widowspeak – Widowspeak
23. The Bilinda Butchers – Regret, Love, Guilt, Dreams
22. Wye Oak – Civilian
21. Fabio Orsi – Stand Before Me, Oh My Soul
20. Zomes – Earth Grid
19. Rangers – Pan Am Stories
18. Shlohmo – Bad Vibes
17. Siriusmo – Mosiak
16. Blackout Beach – Fuck Death
15. Alvarius B. – Baroque Primitiva
14. Nicolar Jaar – Space is Only Noise
13. Cut Copy – Zonoscope
12. Girls – Father, Son, Holy Ghost
11. The Caretaker – An Empty Bliss Beyond This World
10. Gruff Rhys – Hotel Shampoo
09. Yuck – Yuck
08. Oneohtrix Point Never – Replica
07. Katy B – On a Mission
06. Matt Stone, Robert Lopez, & Trey Parker – The Book of Mormon
05. Friendly Fires – Pala
04. Lykke Li – Wounded Rhymes
03. EMA – Past Life Martyred Saints
02. Ford & Lopatin – Channel Pressure
01. John Maus – We Must Become the Pitiless Censors of Ourselves
My aim is to start posting to this blog more often, so in upcoming posts, I’ll talk about why I like some of these albums, focusing primarily on the less familiar titles.
And since this started out as a way to share the writing that I’m getting published on TMT, my collected news stories can be found here.
In addition to writing about music and sharing my published work on TMT, I’m also going to start writing about the mini-farm that my partner Corey and I run as a hobby. Here’s to rounding out 2011 in a productive fashion!